Sage-Roasted Vegetables & Red-Veined Sorrel
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cooking TIme: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Difficulty: *
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 large carrots
- 3 red onions
- 2 fennel heads
- 10g sage cress
- 15g red-veined sorrel
- 10g fennel cress
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Peel the carrots and butternut squash.
- Cut into large even-size chunks.
- Cut the red onions in to 1/8, leaving on the root so that it does fall apart.
- Cut the fennel into wedges.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place all the vegetables and garlic in the tray.
- Season with the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Pour 100ml of water in the tray, to help the veg to cook without burning.
- Cook vegetables for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove from the oven, sprinkle the sage all over and give the vegetables a good mix.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Once cooked, add the red-veined sorrel, fennel and cress and mix well.
Serve as is or to accompany meat or fish.